Replacing your roof can be a costly and intimidating project. But sometimes simple repairs can be made instead, and at a fraction of the cost of a full roof replacement. But how do you know what is right for you? Here are some of the major signs you can looks for.
- Stains on the interior ceilings or walls.
- This can indicate a leaking roof with excessive moisture in the attic.
- Missing Shingles
- Defective shingles, or poorly installed roofing systems can break off in high winds, exposing your underlayment to the elements.
- Dark Streaks
- Unsightly algae growth that not only degrades the curb appeal of your home, but damages the shingles as well.
- Leaking after wind driven rain
- Wind driving moisture up under the shingles or flashing can be easily repaired if caught in time.
- Excessive Energy Costs
- Inadequate attic ventilation and insulation can not only cause premature damage to your roofing system, but cost you a lot of money in excessive utilities to heat and cool your home.
Ultimately there is no “Silver Bullet” for knowing if you need repairs, or a full roof replacement. The best way to know is to have a Fully Licensed and Insured Contractor inspect the property, report his findings, and make an educated decision that is best for you and your family. If you notice any of these tell-tale signs, or feel you may need a smaller repair, do not hesitate to contact us for your free inspection today.